- Add just one fruit or veggie serving daily. Get comfortable with that and then add an extra serving until you reach 8 to 10 a day.
- Eat at least two servings of a fruit or veggie at every meal.
- Resolve never to super size your food portions (unless you want to super size your clothes).
- Make eating purposeful, not mindless. Whenever you put food in your mouth, peel it, unwrap it, plate it and sit. Engage all of the senses in the pleasure of nourishing your body.
- Start eating a big breakfast. It helps you eat fewer total calories throughout the day.
- Make sure your plate is half veggies and/or fruit at both lunch and dinner.
- Eating out? Halve it, and bag the rest. A typical restaurant entree has 1,000 to 2,000 calories, not even counting the bread, appetizer, beverage and dessert.
- When dining out, make it automatic: Order one dessert to share.
- Use a salad plate instead of a dinner plate.
- See what you eat. Plate your food instead of eating out of the jar or bag.
- Eat the low-cal items on your plate first, and then graduate. Start with salads, veggies, and broth soups, and eat meats and starches last. By the time you get to them, you'll be full enough to be content with smaller portions of the high-calorie choices.
- Instead of whole milk, switch to 1 percent. If you drink one 8-oz glass a day, you'll lose 5 lbs in a year.
- Juice has as many calories, ounce for ounce, as soda. Set a limit of one 8-oz glass of fruit juice a day.
- Get calories from foods you chew, not beverages. Have fresh fruit instead of fruit juice.
- Keep a food journal. It really works wonders.
- Follow the Chinese saying: "Eat until you are eight-tenths full."
- Use mustard instead of mayo.
- Eat more soup. The non-creamy ones are filling but low-cal.
- Cut back on or cut out caloric drinks such as soda, sweet tea, lemonade, etc. People have lost weight by making just this one change. If you have a 20-oz bottle of Coca-Cola every day, switch to Diet Coke. You should lose 25 lbs in a year.
- Take your lunch to work.
- Sit when you eat.
- Dilute juice with water.
- Have mostly veggies for lunch.
- Eat at home.
- Limit alcohol to weekends.
Friday, 14 September 2007
25 GREAT WEIGHT LOSS TIPS
Labels: THE HEALTH KORNER