Monday, 30 June 2008
Sunday, 29 June 2008
Saturday, 28 June 2008
Friday, 27 June 2008
BAREBACK THIS…The number of young HOMOSEXUAL men being newly diagnosed with HIV infection is rising by 12 percent a year, with the steepest upward trend we need to do what ever it takes to curb this statistic. This double-digit increase in young gay men is about 10 times higher than in the homosexual community overall, where the number of new infections is going up about 1.5 percent a year. This report suggests that a SECOND WAVE of the AIDS epidemic is underway in gay community. @ This stage we should be the gay men that represent a NEW generation that has not been personally affected by AIDS as those we came before us; however, we are racking up numbers faster than we can put our clothing back on. I only wish that when we see that HIV is on the rise by 15 percent yearly, we need to realize that EPIDEMIC is TOTALLY out of control. There was this study published online last month in the American Journal of Public Health showed that prevention messages tailored for gay black men can work. Researchers recruited "opinion leaders" in the gay communities of three cities in North Carolina. The people were trained to talk to their peers not only about ways to protect themselves from HIV but also about other issues, such as homophobia in some black churches and racism. A year later, the frequency of unprotected high-risk intercourse was down 30 percent in the three gay communities, and the number or people who said they always used condoms were up a similar amount. Though these trends can help with the fight against HIV I feel that we need to show HIV for what it really is; a disease that is hurting this planet. I feel that we need unearth the underbellies of our society and face the REAL truth. We need to get in the trenches and face this enemy head on before it completely invades our lives. The sad thing is that MOST gay men no longer fear HIV and there is an INCREASED apathy over the transmission of the disease. It is as if we believe the virus is unavoidable or that the virus has been controlled, resulting in longer lives for those infected. However, HIV is STILL alive AND well. And this LIVE FOR THE MOMENT thing that GAY men have adopted is fool hearted. SURE, SEX WITHOUT A CONDOM MAY INCREASE YOUR PLEASURE, BUT THE RISKS FAR OUTWEIGH ANY MOMENT OF ECSTASY…A MOMENT OF PLEASURE CAN LEAD TO A LIFETIME OF ILLNESS.
WOMEN & HIV…While there are many unanswered questions about HIV's ongoing spread, one thing is clear: THE HIV VIRUS DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE BETWEEN MEN & WOMEN! Either can be infected, and both can infect others. But there are considerable differences between men living with HIV and women living with HIV. Infection rates and infection prevalence are not the same across the sexes, and there are needs and concerns unique to women living with the disease. Let’s take a look at women and HIV. What are those differences and how do they impact women who live with this disease? Here are some facts:
- Today, roughly 40 million people worldwide are living with HIV.
- It’s estimated that 50 percent of those people living with the disease are women.
- While men still make up the majority of HIV cases in the United States, about 300,000 women are living with HIV.
- The proportion of HIV cases that are women has tripled from about eight percent to 27 percent since 1985.
- From 2000 to 2004, the number of men living with HIV has increased by seven percent while the number of women infected has increased 10 percent.
There are some disturbing trends emerging in the world with regard to HIV and women. In this time of increasing HIV infection among women, young women and women of color have been the hardest hit. It’s obvious that women are being impacted by HIV at an alarming rate. But why is this? If HIV does not discriminate, how can this be explained? The sad truth is that women are more vulnerable to HIV infection in many ways. There are vulnerabilities to HIV that are unique to women. These help to account for the differences in infection rates between men and women worldwide. Some of those vulnerabilities include:
- Physical Differences - Women are especially susceptible to heterosexual transmission physically because the mucosal lining of the vagina offers a large surface area to be exposed to HIV-infected seminal fluid.
- Easier to Transmit from Men to Women than Women to Men – Again, anatomical differences between men and women mean transmission from men to women is easier than the other way around. Much like the rectal mucosa makes transmission during anal intercourse easier; the mucosal lining of the vagina offers a large surface area to be exposed to infected seminal fluid. Plus, the vagina is more susceptible to small tears and irritation during intercourse than is the penis. These properties offer a portal for HIV to enter the body and infect the woman.
- Gender Inequities – Especially in developing countries, prevailing gender inequities leads to higher-risk behaviors. For instance, in many cultures women are not free to refuse sex or to insist on safer sex using condoms. Men assume a position of power and control over women, minimizing the amount of input and consent from women. In addition, women have less access to employment and education in these developing countries. Often, the sex trade is one of the few options for women trying to earn money and support themselves and their children. Finally, sexual violence against women is very high in some areas, again exposing them to high-risk behaviors without their consent.
What Challenges Do Women Face? Obviously, HIV impacts anyone who has the disease, whether male or female. An HIV diagnosis, while not a death sentence, will most certainly be a life-changing event. However, there are some challenges that are unique to women:
- There is an increased risk of reproductive illnesses including vaginal yeast infections, pelvic inflammatory disease (PID), Human Papillomavirus (HPV) and cervical cancer.
- Because women often have lower incomes than men or work lower paying jobs with minimal benefits, women have less access to HIV care and affordable medical insurance.
- Women are more likely to postpone health care due to illness or lack of transportation than are men.
- Women assume more family care responsibilities and are more likely to sacrifice their own health care in order to care for their family, especially their children.
Is Anything Being Done? The disparities between men and women who live with HIV have not gone unnoticed. In fact, the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID) have placed a new emphasis in women-focused HIV research, funding and sponsoring studies around the world. Once such example is the research being done in hopes of developing a microbicide gel or cream that would provide an inexpensive and easy-to-use product that would allow women to assume more control over safer sex. While work is being done to close the gap between men and women, the fact remains that a disparity does exist. Until that gap is closed, we will see infection rates among women continue to climb, something none of us can really afford to let happen.
Thursday, 26 June 2008
Wednesday, 25 June 2008
- PROTOCOL: FIRST OR SECOND? Whether it's walking through a door, ordering dinner, or taking a bite out of the freshly baked cookies you have made together, if your partner always have to go first this could indicate self- centeredness. Are you willing to always be the giver?
- POLITICS: LIBERAL OR CONSERVATIVE? How your partner views what is right or wrong in a political sense tells you a lot about his deep inner beliefs about society, and ultimately, the way he will approach your relationship issues. Will his views cause a rift in your relationship?
- TELEVISION: SITCOMS OR NEWS? If his tendency is to watch "escape" TV programs versus "newsy/event" oriented ones, you can learn a lot about one's intellect. Do you want a mate who can keep up with your every day interest in what is going on in the world or a person you can run away with to avoid the world we live in?
- MONEY: FLASH OR STASH? If your partner throws money around while dating, he might well be reckless with your joint finances when you move in together. Do you want to hook up with a tightwad or splurger?
- STRESS: FREAK OR PEAK? Under Pressure, does he go to pieces or rise to the top of his game? If the answer is the former, every minor incident in your relationship might become a crisis. Do you like a lot of drama?
- CONVERSATION: ABOUT YOU OR HIM? As you first get to know each other does he always talk about himself first or you? If he is usually the topic priority do not expect that to change. Can you subordinate yourself to the world revolving around him?
- PETS: WARM OR ALOOF? Believe it or not, the way in which he treats animals will not be dissimilar to how he treats your children. How do you want him to treat your loved ones?
- COMMUNICATION: LISTENS OR IGNORES? If you have something you want to talk about and he tunes you out as a general rule, can you cope?
- STRANGERS: KIND OR RUDE? How he treats those they do not know (waiters, grocery clerks) often reflects on how he will treat people in general, including you, shortly after the glow wears off.
- PRIORITIES: FAMILY OR WORK? You can tell almost immediately where a person's preferences lie in terms of what comes first (a family member's illness or a business trip) by the choices he makes when faced with an "either/or" situation. Do you care if he leaves on the next plane to present the such-and-such report if you or the kids have pneumonia?
- APPEARANCE: FAR OF FIT? How he regards his appearance screams loudly about his sense of self-esteem. Those who eat sensibly, workout reasonably, and who take pride in their appearance are the ones who have a great sense of self. Does he really have self-confidence or might it be a front?
- FAITH: STRONG OR WEAK? If you want a peak at his soul, learn more about his spirituality, or lack of it. What a person believes deep down is often what shapes the way in which they conduct their day-to-day affairs. What is your mate's "words to live by?"
Tuesday, 24 June 2008
Monday, 23 June 2008
Once you are gay, you will always be gay, tough
You may marry, have a girl, use a female to date
It's your right to like yourself or us, just don't hate
We have some intelligent & common-sense men
And we have some fools, find a way to love them
We're very opinionated and have our preferences
"Who's right? Who's wrong?" Got references?
Gay or straight, men will cheat, lie & steal from U
There are those of us who don't & those who do
Train yourself to see the difference between the 2
We have no one but us to protect us, think it thru
Yes, calling yourself same gender loving is a label
You have to talk it & walk it and bring it to the table
And at the end of the day when all is said and done
We want to love someone and we want to be loved
We know that this lifestyle can be very troublesome
Some brothas say that it's really a lifestyle for one
Too painful, too destructive, just too much to endure
If this is all you find this life to be about, too immature
Do something rather than not, cause we're all we got?
Sunday, 22 June 2008
Saturday, 21 June 2008
Friday, 20 June 2008
Thursday, 19 June 2008
Wednesday, 18 June 2008
Tuesday, 17 June 2008
There's a phenomenon sweeping
the GAY community: men
having sex with each @ rapid pace; and @ the heart of this issue are many
contributing factors. Homophobia against GAY men is just one of the culprits. Moreover, there are
some lingering self-esteem issues that simply prove that GAY MEN
JUST DON’T KNOW HOW TO BE MEN! As little
boys most if NOT all of
us did our fair share of sexual exploration with the same AND opposite sex. Back then it was done out of curiosity AND innocence; what is OUR excuse today? How do we still have sex as if we are
still kids AND somehow
never manage to never get pass our childhood way of thinking when it comes to
So many of we GAY men see sex as a testing phase that requires us to
find as many partners as we can; it’s as if there is an open season on sex and
hunter AND prey is on a
collision course that will produce dire consequences. The GAY man is playing Russian roulette with his essence AND destroying the beautiful thing we
call sex. It has always been my assumption that sex represents FREEDOM
& LIBERATION, instead WE have this PHYSICAL, EMOTIONLESS &
PSYCHOLOGICAL thing that takes us away
from the REAL meaning of
sex. I often wonder how things got this bad so fast. I guess in a broader
sense, this question is rooted in the social facts that we are all aware of the
decline of the GAY community
AND how HIV/AIDS has taken a STRONG hold there; yet we do NOTHING to bring ourselves out this bondage that WE have created.
Hence it if one was to examine
the complexities AND contradictions
of the GAY man; one
would see that HIS sexual
behavior is the root of the problem. Can anyone tell me what is it about the
thrill that drives us to indulge in this activity with so many? This insatiable
hopping from one man to the next is NOT a duty. How is it that we can’t seem be anything to
each other beyond the physical? We are NOTHING more than laboratory rat that are gathering evidence
proving that GAY men are
all about anal sex. I get that to some extent that this level of physical AND sexual intimacy is in its own right some form of
sexual healing. MY ONLY QUESTION HOW LONG DOES IT LAST? MORE
IMPORTANTLY, HOW DOES ONE CULTIVATE A PROFOUND SENSE OF IDENTITY IN THIS WAY?
Hence what we ultimately end up
with is an access to an elite male experience, and intercourse with a set of
beliefs and ideas about HOMOSEXUALITY that WE somehow created. This dilemma is that part of what
they feel like they are not getting from themselves AND it is also connected to what they feel they are not
getting from society as well. In the long run the things that are going on
today will NO doubt have
grave affects for us tomorrow. Overall, I believe this phenomenon is affecting
us because it provides somewhat of a safety valve for us to hide this issue.
Deep down inside I believe that the GAY man wants to nurture and be nurtured; however that can
only happen in a relationship.
IN GENERAL, THESE MEN HAVE FEARS ABOUT NOT BEING
SEEN BOTH FOR WHO THEY ARE AS A
COMMUNITY & AS INDIVIDUALS. IN ADDITION, FOR SOME REASON THEY FEAR NOT
FINDING THAT CONNECTION TO ANOTHER MAN & @ THE SAME TIME THINKING THAT IF
THEY ALTER THEIR SEXUAL BEHAVIOR IT WOULD SOMEHOW PUT THEM ON THE OUTSIDE OF
THE HOMOSEXUAL CIRCLE. I KNOW ALL TOO WELL THAT THE GAY MAN HAS A LOT TO DEAL
WITH, FROM BEING FEARED, HATED & STOMPED ON…BUT HE HAS TO RISE ABOVE THAT
FOR HIS SAKE. IN ORDER FOR US TO CHANGE, WE MUST INCREASE OUR ABILITY TO
DISTINGUISH BETWEEN THINKING, FEELING & LEARNING HOW TO RESOLVE THINGS IN
LIVES. THIS ISSUE MUCH LIKE EVERYTHING IN LIFE GOES ON & NO ONE TALKS ABOUT
IT. WHEN IT COMES TO THINGS THAT DIRECTLY AFFECT OUR INTERACTION &
ATTITUDES WITH EACH OTHER, THE VERY FOUNDATION FOR HOW WE RESPOND TO THIS
SELF-ESTEEM PROBLEM SHOWS THAT WE LACK THE ARTICULATION & KNOWLEDGE TO
CHANGE THINGS. BUT LET US NOT FORGET THAT THE REAL WAR ON THE GAY MAN IS
OVERWHELMING NEED TO COMPETE WITH THE HETEROSEXUAL MAN. HENCE I SAY IT IS TIME
FOR US TO RECLAIM OUR MANHOOD & EMBRACE WHO WE ARE AS MEN. SEX IS NICE, BUT
YOUR SELF-WORTH SHOULD NOT BE DECIDED BY YOUR WILLINGNESS TO HAVE SEX WITH
ANOTHER MAN…IT SHOULD BE TIED TO YOUR RESPECT & APPRECIATION FOR WHO YOU
Monday, 16 June 2008
Sunday, 15 June 2008
Saturday, 14 June 2008
Friday, 13 June 2008
This entry is for those GAY men out there that feels deep within themselves that LONG TERM RELATIONSHIPS don’t exist when it comes to the HOMOSEXAUL crowd. Nonetheless, I am of the opinion that NO matter how hard we try, there is NO escaping the need to be with someone special for the long haul. For some reason there seems to be this device that thwarts us from achieving this goal and we NO one to blame but ourselves. I say this because the other day I am on the internet chatting with various persons that I contact daily and of course somehow, someway the conversation always gets to a place where there is this need to know if I am still in my relationship. And I ALWAYS find this part funny because if I am not that means that there is chance for the inquiring mind that says they want to be with me…If only that amused for a second…But I digress. After shutting down his advances he went on to say that he would like it if I F&CKED him just once. Now I am like WTF? Because this is sad because I can’t believe that this is where we’ve come, this is our progress thus far. Then he goes on to say that relationships are dumb AND they don’t work out anyways. Isn’t it funny how GAY men would find EVERY excuse in the book why our relationships cannot work AND NOT realize that they are largely the reason for this occurrence? How can we expect for our relationships to go anywhere if we are constantly trying to destroy the ones that are in existence? How does a single GAY man feel when he tries to put himself in a relationship that has been going on before he came? Do we not know that interrupting a vibration will only come back to harm us? I guess that’s why they are the way they are…But then again if they can be F&CKED or F&CK someone else it proves that they are NOT ready for a relationship. I guess if one were to get to root of the problem, one would have to ask how realistic we are when it comes to find ourselves a mate? So many of us say we want a decent guy, one who respects us, someone who wants us AND vice-versa. My question is how can we say we want that if we can’t be that for ourselves let alone someone else? Relationships take work AND LOVE calls for honesty; and putting out the bait for being ready for one when you are not does more damage than good. LONG TERM RELATIONSHIPS CALLS FOR US TO BE READY TO GIVE OURSELVES TO ANOTHER PERSON FOR THE REST OF OUR LIVES, HOW MANY ARE READY? I KNOW THAT I AM & 10, 20, 30, 40, 50 YEARS & MORE DOWN THE ROAD I WILL THERE. HOW ABOUT WE CONSIDER THE FOLLOWING & SEE IF WE ARE TRULY READY FOR A RELATIONSHIP:
- 100% FAITHFUL (MONOGAMY IS IMPORTANT TO ME)
- 100% HONEST (DON’T KNOW ANY OTHER WAY TO LIVE)
- 100% TRUSTWORTHY (LOVE DEPENDS ON IT)
- 100% DRAMA-FREE (LIFE IS ALREADY COMPLICATED)
- 100% COMMITED (SHOWS DEDICATION)
- 100% STIMULATED (MIND, BODY & SOUL FOR HIM)
- 100% CARE-GIVER (THERE FOR HIM IN GOOD & BAD TIMES)
IF THE GAY MAN LIVE UP TO JUST THESE SEVEN THINGS, I AM SURE HE COULD HAVE A LONG TERM RELATIONSHIP THAT WILL MAKE HIM A BETTER PERSON…I FEEL THAT THESE 7 THINGS CAN BUILD THE INTEGRITY HE NEEDS & PUT HIM IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION IN SECURING A LONG-TERM RELATIONSHIP. SO I TOTALLY CHALLENGE EVERY GAY MAN TO LOOK FOR SOMEONE THAT MAKES HIM WANT TO BE EVERYTHING FOR THAT SPECIAL MAN. IT IS MY FIRM BELIEF THAT IF WE WANT TO HAVE RELATIONSHIPS THAT LAST, WE NEED TO SIMPLY WANT THEM…
Thursday, 12 June 2008
Wednesday, 11 June 2008
Tuesday, 10 June 2008
Monday, 9 June 2008
LIFE is something that belongs to DEATH…
All I know is that LIFE is something that eludes us
As we SO desparatly try to save us from ourselves
I guess this is why they say LIVE LIFE TO THE FULLEST!
For DEATH is the MAIN COURSE
Though I am in awe
I am VERY much mystified
For how do you prepare for DEATH?
Is it fair that we are merely a SILENT witnesses,
Quietly watching as DEATH takes over us?
Why are we here only to disappear
With feelings that inside out watching life unfold?
Am I supposed to believe that is LIFE’S incomplete completeness?
But if I were to confess
I would have to say NO
For this is certainly is NOT the end…
But then again…
My imagination gets the best of me
And thoughts that seem unsound go around AND around AND…
Now I try to find the LIFE in the dark pit of DEATH
But don’t pay me any mind,
I am just being me
And next time I will keep the thoughts of LIFE N’ DEATH to myself
How do I achieve such a thing,
When you keep taking people away?
Leaving me with ideas that reflect ideas
Is my intellect or a combination of man too much too soon?
I know I will figure it out one day,
I will know why the idea of LIFE N’ DEATH seems so far away…
All we can do is die to find out why we got the call
As we bounce back N’ forth like a ball…
But once and for all
When all was all
And time ran out of time
You left me walking a fine line